Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Feeling insecure

Whenever I'm feeling down I go and watch the youtube video of Susan Boyle. She was a contestant on Britian Got Talent. Anyway she walks out on stage and the entire crowd is doubting her ability, but then she opens her mouth and the most amazing thing happens. Everybody stands for her and starts cheering her on.

I just finished reading the Hunger Games. It was a good book and everything but after I got finished I started doubting my book. I started thinking, "Maybe I should rewrite my book in first person." "Maybe I should write a disoptic novel too." And other such crazy things like this. So I'm wondering how do you keep your confidence after you have just read another book that has been published already? Is there some secret that I haven't yet been taught? Here is the link for Susan Boyle on Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OcQ9A-5noM

3 comments:

RaShelle Workman said...

Hey Gail. We all doubt ourselves at one time or another. It's part of life I think. My first novel is in the third person and I LOVE it. Charity Can't Die, my next is in the first and I love that too.
One of the reasons Susan Boyle sang so beautifully was because she sang what she loved-- it came from her heart. Write what you love. We readers will respond to that. Great post. =D

Angie said...

Yep. I agree with RaShelle. You have to write what you love, what you can get excited about. If you don't love it, no one else will either. Just keep going!

Stacy said...

Gail, I didn't know you liked to write, but am so proud of you...you go! I have a great uncle that self publishes and gets better with each book! We all have them and cherish them, just keep going...